Sunday 8 August 2010

August 6th 2010 - August 8th 2010

Cycling today (Thursday), quite a turn out, did not count them all, but it must have been 15 or so. Much more than our usual meagre 3 or 4. Will their enthusiasm survive the winter I wonder?

Friday, and the garden waste bin is emptied, which means I can resume cutting the hedges in the garden. Soon I have (re)filled two "wheelie" bins with cuttings (our own and Helen's next door).

Grey Horse on Friday night, this is back in the usual rythm.

Saturday, continue cutting hedges, now have to resort to filling plastic bags with the cuttings, at least the dozens of charity bags which are pushed through the door each week are comming in useful for something!

Sunday, the energetic mood continues, Kathleen and I do a 20 mile cycle ride, first via Monkton, to St Pauls at Tyne Dock, then to South Shields ferry landing and along the coast to Whitburn. Have the obligatory coffee at Whitburn, then home via Cleadon Village and East Boldon.

A quick shower, and then off to the Customs House for Sunday Lunch.

What a life, why did I waste so much of my life being a wage slave?

Necessity I suppose, oh to have been born rich.

All I have to do now is to get back into the habit of taking the camera with me and we can have some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment