Friday 21 December 2012

End of the World, or, Christmas Approaches

The Mayan Calendar apparently runs out today (or at least one of them does, they were by all accounts prolific Calendar makers). This has been widely tipped to mean that the world will end today 21/12/2012. I noticed on the BBC 1 o'clock News, they were congratulating themselves on still being around on this, the day the world is to end. They also announced that the prediction was, the world would end at 11:00 on 21/12/2012.

Now, I may be being picky here, but, I doubt the Mayans were working on Greenwich Meantime, so, it seems reasonable to me, to assume the prediction means 11:00 Mexican time, which is approximately 9 hours behind GMT.

Watch this space!

Meanwhile, as Christmas approaches, I have been painting the small amount of woodwork remaining in the bathroom. What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment