Thursday 28 October 2010

October 25th - 27th 2010

I have had the whole weekend off, and I have Monday off too.

Well not really off, I have decorating and leaf clearing chores to do at home.

Monday is more or less a day of rest, we (Kathleen and I) go to Newcastle on the Metro, and then walk back along the River Tyne, visiting our friends Bryan and Joan at Pelaw en-route.

Kathleen admires the new UPVC interior doors they have had fitted, NO PAINTING REQUIRED!, in a moment of financial frivolity I have agreed to have them fitted in our house.

That I feel is a result of overdosing on painting and decorating!

Tueday, and another day off, well almost, painted inside of cupboard at Tanya's and put a shelf up in cupboard. Another one needed, it will have to wait until I get more wood.

Kathleen has caught decorating bug from Tanya, now we have started decorating our bedroom, plus there is talk of lounge, kitchen .... the list goes on.

Wednesday, and today Tanya is scheduled to have her new staircarpet fitted.

All goes according to plan, and fitter does an excellent job.

Tanya has made what looks like a sensible choice, the colour is called Anthracite, it is a dark grey and goes very nicely with the Dulux Cornflower White walls.

The photographs are taken with my mobile phone, unfortunately, it has not reproduced the colours very well. The staircase is poorly lit, or perhaps it is just my crap photography skills.

Another day off from the decorating (this is becoming a habit), means I have time for a short walk. Kathleen do our customary walk through Colliery Wood, then along the bridle path past the Travelling Man pub, and home again. For once, avoided calling in at the pub.

Today is Claire's birthday, and she is having a small get together.



No comments:

Post a Comment