Monday 25 October 2010

October 6th 2010

It is my birthday, I am not decorating today!

Tanya is always short of cash. Partly because she may be a worker as opposed to a benifits scrounger, but she is a low earner, and partly because she has little or no control over her money. It may be hard to believe, but, dire as things may be now, they are actually an improvement on where they have been.

I (and her mother), are currently subsidising the redecorating exercise, so whilst I was very touched when Tanya presented me with a birthday cake, I was also somewhat infuriated that once again she is spending money she does not have.

The cake was very amusing, you can see a picture of it here. It shows me, sitting at my desk with my lap top to my right, and I am busily writing out cheques to Tanya, so many that they have spilled onto the floor!

I had to laugh.

The weather is cold but pleasant, so Kathleen and I go walking in Weardale.

On our return I have a birthday visit from daughters Dana, Claire and their respective husbands Martin, Geoff, and children Emily & Lauren, Molly & Charlotte. They come bearing cards and gifts, most definately not bought with my money!

Son Gary and daughter Phillippa live further away, and send their best wishes by telephone.

This is all followed by a meal at the Red Lion, West Boldon, so another year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment