Thursday 18 November 2010

Decorating

Monday 15th November 2010

The decorating continues.

To be fair, it does not involve me, we are having new (UPVC, no painting required) internal doors fitted today, by two very hardworking Polish door fitters.

They arrive at 08:30, with all of the equipment they need. No mobile phone calls, no disappearing to get some missing item, and one short tea break, brings us to 13:00 and they have removed and replaced ten doors.

While they are fitting doors, I dig out the berberis hedge in the front garden.

Tuesday 16th November 2010

Chop up the berberis hedge and put as much as possible into the "Green" waste bin.

Wednesday 17th November 2010

Visit B&Q, for paint (so Kathleen can begin painting our lounge), and laminated flooring for Tanya's kitchen.

Lay flooring in Tanya's kitchen, pretty neat measuring on my part even if I say so myself.

I estimated 10m2, it comes in packs of 1.7m2, so I bought 6 packs (ie 10.2m2), and I ended up with only half a plank left!, close!

Just a little finishing off to do in the Kitchen, and then the bedroom, then that will be it.

Thursday 18th November 2010

I go to the cycling group. First time I have been since April! Very enjoyable, but cold. We do about 12 miles.

After lunch, I do some painting, to atone for enjoying myself.

Kathleen breaks the flush mechanism in the toilet, another job to do. I use the ever trusty Google to locate spare parts, but they are out of stock. Hopefully they will have them tomorrow.

Yes, I know I am a miserable old sod, but is anyone else sick of hearing about William, Kate, the Engagement and the Wedding?, it has taken over the news on all channels, is nothing else happening in the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment