Monday 11 April 2011

Beautiful Weather

For the past week, we have enjoyed beautiful sunny weather, with temperatures up to 18C. This is most unusual for April in the North East of England (in fact it is unusual for July!).

We have made the most of the sunshine with plenty of cycling and walking, and I have become a technology nerd, using RunKeeper on my iPhone to log the distances and times, and post them to Facebook.

Today, I thought I had better do some work around the house and garden, there were rumblings of discontent from you know who.

Got the ladders out, to unblock the rain gutter at the back of the house. This is the second time, in only a month, I have had to do this. Pesky birds try to build nests in the guttering and block the water channel. This time a starling has completely blocked the down pipe, by stuffing straw and other nest building materials down it. I have bought and fitted some bird spikes, to prevent the birds from perching there and filling the gutter with crap and debris.

The products are supplied by Jones and Son , they are really effective, but rather expensive (I think), it is this latter point which was my downfall. I tried to skimp on the number of strips of spikes I put on the rain gutter. This was a mistake, the birds simply perched in the gaps and crapped as usual. So today, I ventured up the ladders and added more strips of spikes, to fill any gaps.

Just have to do the front of the house now.

Work was brought to a stop by rain, (my prayers were answered), hence I am wasting away my day on the computer, whilst the boss is ironing.

No comments:

Post a Comment