Wednesday 16 November 2011

Cycling and Ruling out a Career as a Film Maker

Saturday 12th November 2011.

In the interests of keeping fit, and losing weight, we embark ona 20 mile cycle ride, using one of our "regular" routes, to Whitburn, along the coast to South Shields, and home via Jarrow.

I take the opportunity to use my new toy, ie my Drift Action Camera to record the event for posterity.

I am still very inexpert, the first half or more of the trip is shot with the camera in the wrong orientation (by 90 degrees).

Apart from playing, sorry, experimenting, with the camera the ride is quite enjoyable. We even see a squirrel hopping across our path, as we cycle through Jarrow. 

This time I make use of video editing software to join it all up into one piece and reduce the length. What a task that is!, it is so slow. The editing is bad enough, although I suspect faster disk drive(s) and more RAM in the computer may overcome that. The upload time to the internet is also painfully long, not really sure how that can be overcome!

It is all still very amateurish, but given I am a total amateur, I am reasonably pleased with the result. Now there is the whole area of adding a soundtrack and captions to explore!



Sunday evening I amuse myself copying the megabytes of precious recorded video to my PC, and learning how to edit it in the most rudimentary way.

The edit and uploading takes so long, it spreads over Monday and Tuesday too.

In moments of boredom, waiting.... I attempt a few shots of the birds feeding as if their lives depend on it (which I suppose thet do, actually) at the bird feeders.

I also try a few attempts with the video, but without much success.

It is clearly not designed for close up shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment