Saturday 3 September 2011

Motorcycle Module 2 test

My test was scheduled for 1st September, 2011.

Last lesson was Tuesday 30th August, what a disaster.

I did just about everything wrong, the high point of the lesson was probably falling off the bike at traffic lights in Newcastle City Centre, closely followed by pulling away from the curb without observing a large bright orange transit van comming up behind me. He was speeding by a significant amount, as van drivers do, but that is no excuse for not even seeing him!

So Thursday came, I gave myself a good talking too, and set off to the driving school, to go for my test.

It went great, a couple of minor faults for my favourite errors (ie sometimes missing my "lifesaver" blind spot checks after passing parked cars, sometimes not making use of the full lane width when passing parked cars, and on a couple of occasions not keeping up with the traffic flow), but I passed!, I was truly amazed.

So, Thursday afternoon, Kathleen and I went shopping for a motorbike. The sum total of our knowledge on the subject could be written on a pin head.

Saturday, after a bit of research on the subject, we embarked on the quest again, and I am now the proud owner of a lurid green, 2008, Kawasaki ER6-F, 650cc, with ABS.

Kathleen says the bright colour is an advantage, since other drivers will at least see me before they mow me down.

This not my actual bike, I have to wait until next week to get it. I have already been pestering the dealer to try and bring forward the hand over day from Friday (9th), to Wednesday (7th).

No comments:

Post a Comment