Monday 25 January 2010

Monday 25th January 2010

Fortunately my efforts on Saturday, digging Martin's allotment, did not leave me full of aches and pains on Sunday, so I must be more fit than I thought.

The weather forecast for Sunday was a day of rain, but in the even it was a reasonable day for January in England, with not a drop of rain. Good job the Met Office are not on payment by results. On the basis of the weather forecast I did not attend on Sunday, but I know that Martin was there, although I understand that Dana let the side down, after her promising start on Saturday.

Today is grey but dry, so I decide to spend a couple of hours digging and tidying.

I "catch up" with Martin on the right hand side, and extend the area on the left hand side (which Dana had started), by about a metre. That plus a bit of tidying up and I think it is begining to look like a garden, rather than Steptoe's Yard.

Martin, I understand has been buying the seed potatoes ready to plant when the weather warms up a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment