Wednesday 3 February 2010

Wednesday 3rd February 2010

The snow has gone, and it is a crisp frosty day. No group walking today however. Phil has had an operation on his hand yesterday. Peter's operation was cancelled. So at least one of the people got the right operation!. Peter's wife is now in hospital, so he will be on visiting duty. I am sure the McCaffery's are attempting a take over of the NHS, yesterday there were four of them at South Tyneside Hospital!

I decide to do a bit more work at Martin's allotment. I "turn over" another couple of metres, which now brings me to the point  where it is necessary to clear some of the rubbish left by the previous tennant.

When Martin catches up with the digging on "his side" that should be enough turned over to allow planting of Potatoes to begin in March.

But the plan is to continue digging, with the intention of clearing all of the overgrown part of the plot this season.

Given that it dry and frosty I am able to indulge my "little boy" instincts and play with matches to build a bonfire. With a little guidance from neighbour Tony, who is setting up a Polythene Tunnel type Green house. I get a good little blaze going with scrap wood. Once it is burning well, I pile "turfs" of weeds around it, and pile dead and mostly dry vegetation from the "old" bonfire on top. I looks good. It remains to be seen if it keeps burning long enough to consume the bulk of the waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment